|Our Price: £8.99(Inc. 20% VAT)(£7.49 Exc. VAT)Earn 8 Loyalty Points|
Solgar L-Arginine 500mg L-Arginine is essential in muscle metabolism,tissue generation and regeneration. Can be very helpful in cases of burns, trauma and sepsis.
|Discounts apply to WHOLE of your order |
|£20 - £39.99 ||5% OFF |
|£40 - £59.99 ||10% OFF |
|£60 - £99.99 ||12% OFF |
|£100 Plus ||15% OFF |
| No coupon is needed. |
SolgarL-Arginine500 mg Vegetable Capsules (Free Form)Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
Nutritional Supplement Recommended Dosage:
As a food supplement for adults, one (1) Solgar L-Arginine 500mg Vegetable Capsule daily with juice or water in between meals, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Do not exceed the recommended daily intake. Store out of reach of young children. Food supplements must not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Although we take great care in what we say about products on this site, you should always read the manufacturer's label on the actual product carefully before taking supplements.
Because of absence of long-term safety studies, and because of the possibility of growth hormone stimulation, pregnant women and nursing mothers should avoid L-arginine supplementation.
L-arginine supplementation might be best avoided by people who are prone to recurring oral herpes lesions (although L-Lysine amino acid can be very helpful in these circumstances).
Nutritional Supplement Ingredients:
Each Solgar L-Arginine Vegetable Capsule provides:
L-Arginine 500 mg
Encapsulated with these natural ingredients:
microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate.
Vegetable capsule shell: hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose.
Nutritional Supplement Features:
- Various studies on L-arginine have used different doses. For instance, for cardiovascular health reasons, doses from 8 to 21 grams daily have been used in divided doses. To help aid with sperm quantity and quality, doses of 10 to 20 grams daily have been used in divided doses. Doses of 5 grams daily have been used for erectile dysfunction. Doses of 1.5 to 2.4 grams daily have been used for interstitial cystitis.
- Although oral supplementation with L-arginine at doses up to 15 grams daily are generally well tolerated (the most common adverse reactions of higher doses — from 15 to 30 grams daily — are nausea, abdominal cramps and diarrhoea, and some may experience these symptoms at lower doses), we do not suggest using these dosages without medical guidance.
- Solgar L-Arginine 500mg
- L-Arginine is essential in muscle metabolism because it provides a vehicle for transport, storage and excretion of nitrogen.
- L-Arginine is an important component in tissue generation and regeneration.
- L-Arginine is highly concentrated in the skin and connective tissue and helps to remove ammonia from the body as part of the urea cycle.
- L-Arginine can be very helpful in cases of burns, trauma and sepsis.
- L-arginine has been shown to have immunomodulatory activity. For example, in human breast cancer, supplementation with this amino acid has been reported to increase the quantity and cytotoxic activity of natural killer (NK) cells and lymphokine-activated-killer (LAK) cells.
- L-arginine's possible activity in wound repair may be due to its precursor role in the formation of L-ornithine and, ultimately, L-proline. L-proline is a key element in collagen biosynthesis.
- There is preliminary evidence that L-arginine could be helpful in some men with erectile dysfunction.
- L-arginine has been shown to be helpful in reducing cholesterol and high blood pressure. It has also been helpful in those with angina pectoris.
- Several studies have found that L-arginine can help with interstitial cystitis. Other studies, however, have not reported benefit. It appears that L-arginine can decrease pain and urgency in some people with interstial cystitis , but more research is needed to confirm this.